Friday, April 29, 2016

Project 3 Reflection

By far one of my favorites. This was definately the most conceptual and the most layered performance I/we've done in class so far. I enjoyed the symbolisms of how messy, long but quick, and informal sex can be at times. That's why we thought it as appropriate to wear formal apparell, that way we could sploosh all over it with priminal and urgent lust. I didn't even have to take my shirt off because it was so urgent to sploosh whipped cream all over the place. I'm glad we found the white, rectangular pillar the set the condoms on. It added another layer of traditional forms of art and, thus, we could sploosh on that too. The lighting, setting of contrast of black and whites, and the action itself made this performance one of my favorites. I couldn't have done it without Gen, and am very glad to have had a partner willing to commit as much as I thought myself to have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment